Exercise is Medicine
At our Hindmarsh Physiotherapy Clinic we also provide Exercise Physiology Services. Unlike a Personal Trainer, an Exercise Physiologist is a 4 year University qualified Allied Health professional who specialises in the delivery of exercise, rehabilitation, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic disease.
Our Exercise Physiologist runs our Medicare funded classes for help with diabetes management and is also available for private, Enhanced Primary Care Medicare, Veterans Affairs, Work Cover, and MVA visits. He is also qualified to provide fitness and conditioning for personal fitness programmes.
You dont need a referral for private consultations however if your Doctor would like you to be treated under the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Medicare , MVA or WorkCover programs you will need to obtain a referral first. Our Exercise Physiologist works with your Doctor, Physio, Practice nurse , and or Diabetes counselor to work out the best approach and program tailored for you.
You might see our Exercise Physiologist to help you:
- control your diabetes
- start a programme for Bone health and Osteoporosis prevention
- overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- recover from a work related injury to assist you return to full duties
- assist with loosing weight
- improve your heart health
- rehabilitate following a cardiac event
- prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- improve your recovery following cancer treatment
- improve your general health and wellbeing.
- Develop a strength and conditioning programme
Please call 8346 2000 to make an appointment and we would love to help you.